Hello, on Memorial Day 2022! We hope you're relaxing and honoring those who have fallen for our freedom today. For this hot-weather blog post, we're going to be talking about how to wear tank tops this season. Start thinking outside the box and get ready to run to the shop to grab all the tanks!
Tank tops are a great spring and summertime essential for anyone's closet, because they can stand alone with a pair of shorts to keep you cool. If you're bored with wearing the same tank top the same way all summer, this is definitely the read for you.
Scroll further to get the outfit inspiration you're craving for the hot days coming up.
Styling your favorite tanks doesn't have to be boring! Even if you rock a tank top on its own, you can create a look that perfectly matches your style, depending on the bottoms you pair with it. Check out our favorite outfit pairings below.
- Tank tops with shorts: Isn't this the obvious choice for those hot and humid days? Grab a comfortable tank top like our Dale Tank and pair it with our Enzo Mom Shorts in a light wash. This look is casual and summer-ready.
- Slouchy denim with a tank top: Still want a casual look, but want to wear jeans instead? Here's the perfect solution. Wear this adorable Free and Wild muscle tank with our slouchy Kassie Denim. The colors and styles of this outfit are the best mix of relaxed and stylish.
- Tank tops with skirts: The best way to spice up a tank top on its own is to tuck it into a gorgeous skirt. You'll feel stunning in our Stanley Tank paired with our Paisley Dreams Skirt.
Here at Ayven, we don't miss out on a chance to layer some of our favorite pieces together. Tank tops are an awesome way to layer a look, which gives you the freedom to stay cool or warm, depending on your surroundings.
Need some layering inspiration? Try these three looks, and you'll want to repeat them all summer long.
- Underneath a jumpsuit: Did you think jumpsuits could only be worn on their own? Sometimes it's nice to add a little something to an outfit, like wearing our Dale Tank in Clay with our Weekend Fun Jumpsuit.
- Put a jacket on: Maybe a no brainer, but we have a couple of jackets in the shop right now that are the best for pairing with a tank on chillier occasions.
- Under a light sweater: Another option for more brisk days or nights is to throw on a lightweight sweater over your tank. This is a super cute way to stay warm if you need to.
All Dressed Up
The tank tops we've mentioned above are favorites because they can easily be dressed up or down. We're obsessed with taking a more basic closet piece and making it fancy enough for a date night or special occasion.
How do you dress up a basic tank top? Easy. Add the right jewelry, bag, and shoes, and you'll be ready for anything. Shop our most loved accessories below!
- Gorjana Super Star Necklace
- Gorjana Griffin Dog Tag Necklace
- Binki and Lulu Hoop Earrings
- Aviella Clay Earrings
- ABLE Crossbody in Whiskey
- ABLE Martha Snap Crossbody in Cognac
- Hand Woven Straw Bag
- Barry Wide Brim Hat in Black
- ABLE Mare Belt Bag
- ABLE Waist Belt
The last way we wanted to share how to style a tank top is by dressing it as loungewear. Loungewear became all the rage a bit ago, and has stuck around, which you won’t hear us complain about.
The most simple way to lounge in a tank top is by pairing it with a comfortable, but still stylish pair of pants. Need some ideas? We’ve got you.
- Pair our Free and Wild Tank with our Isabelle Jean Pants for the ultimate comfy outfit.
- Wear our Hey Sister Shorts with our Sweet Romance Tank for a cute outfit you’ll want to wear all day and night.
There are endless options for lounge looks with all of our tank tops and comfortable pants, so head to the site and pick out your newest favorite lounging-around outfit.
Stay Cool For The Summer
So, are you ready to grab a couple of stunning tanks for the summer? We hope we’ve inspired you to style your tank tops in a wide variety of ways. You don’t have to be stuck wearing a plain white tank the same way, so don’t be afraid to try something new!
We can’t wait to see how you style your tank tops this season, so be sure to tag us in all of your fun summer pics on social media. See you in the sun!